Q: I have a 1991 Legend. Check engine light is on. Tried pulling codes with paper clip in service connector. Light still solid,won't

I can't get the CEL to flash the codes. I am using a paper clip to jump the service connector and it won't flash. The light stays on after the car warms up.

Hi there, thanks for writing in about your 1991 Acura Legend. I would start by verifying that you are connecting the correct terminals and that you have continuity (i.e., the clip is actually contacting the terminals well). If so, and you are still not receiving "flashes", that symptom raises the possibility that the PCM itself is malfunctioning. If you need further assistance with this, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the Check Engine Light for you.

3. I have a 1991 Legend. Check engine light is on. Tried pulling codes with paper clip in service connector. Light still solid,won't