Q: Grinding noise front passenger tire, 2010 Nissan Versa

I hit a pot hole and now when I hit about 30-40mph my passenger side front tire is making a grinding noise that doesnt stop until I come to a complete stop. Any idea what is wrong???

A: Grinding noises from a wheel are usually ...

Hello.

Grinding noises from a wheel are usually the result of worn brakes or wheel bearings. If the noise began after hitting a pot hole, then it may be possible that the wheel bearing was damaged form the impact. The wheel bearing is what the wheel rotates on, and can make noise if it wears out or is damaged. The wheel bearing will usually make a grinding or howling noise as the wheel rotates. Similar noises can also be caused by worn brakes, though this is less likely if the issue appeared after hitting the pot hole. I would recommend lifting the vehicle and checking the wheel in question for any signs of bearing looseness or worn out brakes. If you need help looking at the wheel bearing, I would recommend having a professional technician from YourMechanic inspect and repair the issue.