Q: AC, speedometer, and windows not working

asked by on February 22, 2016

The AC, speedometer and three of the windows in my vehicle are not working.

Electrical components are not working Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello. Depending on how and when these items began to fail will make a difference as to what is going on. If they all occurred at the same time, then I would suspect an issue with the fuse box. It is common for the connections in the fuse box to fail over time due to heat. I have also had issues with the wiring in the dash if it has an aftermarket radio in it. If they all failed at different times then they all need to be checked separately.

The windows may all have bad window motors. I check these by removing the door panels and checking for power at the motors. If there is power when operating the switches then the motors are bad.

The speedometer may have failed due to a bad vehicle speed sensor or an issue with the speedometer itself.

The AC can stop operating from low refrigerant, which is the most common, or an electrical failure. I have seen a lot of compressors fail on this engine.

It will take quite a bit of electrical diagnostics to find these issues. If you plan on having this looked at, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose all of these electrical components and make the necessary repairs.