Q: How often does my car need power steering, brake, coolant

asked by on March 30, 2017

How often does my car need power steering, brake, coolant and transmission flushes?? I have a 2002 Honda Accord LX with 103K miles, and it's in great condition, I'm the only owner. Thanks!! Gina

The timing belt should be replaced at 105,000 miles. The engine coolant and the brake fluid should be exchanged every 45,000 miles. The manual transmission fluid should be changed every 90,000 miles. With regard to power steering fluid, like most car companies Honda does not specify a fluid change interval. You can assume that around 30,000 to 50,000 miles is not unreasonable as a service interval for power steering fluid. If you desire that these essential maintenance services be performed, simply click on "Get a Quote" at each of the foregoing highlighted links. Let us know if you have further concerns.