Q: While driving my drive decided not engage when I had to stop

I drive a 2007 Pontiac G6 with 65,000 miles on it. While driving it a few days ago, my drive gear woukd not engage when I was at a stoplight and needed to go forward. It would Rev up and if I was on an incline after coating and giving it gas it would engage. Someone added some transmission fluI'd and after that my drive woukd not engage at all. It woukd Rev up but roll backwards. I have a paddle shifter so I could drive it home manually and on the way home my traction control shut off and my message center said service traction system,

Hello. The traction light is like a check engine light for your steering and suspension system. A technician could use a scan tool to pull any error codes to help pinpoint which component is faulty. I believe the problem your vehicle is having is a faulty shift solenoid. The transmission control module sends a signal to the shift solenoid for the shift solenoid to control the transmission shifting. By you paddle shifting you are basically bypassing the shift solenoid because you are controlling the transmission shifting yourself. If the shift solenoid fails completely you will not even be able to use the paddle shift function. It will be best to have your vehicle inspected by technician as soon as possible. You’re able to find a technician for transmission diagnosis here https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/not-able-to-change-gears-inspection

3. While driving my drive decided not engage when I had to stop