Q: Battery will randomly die overnight

The battery will randomly die while the car is sitting idle, overnight. Sometimes, it will be after a week or 2 of normal operation, and sometimes the battery will die for several days in a row. I have heard electronic "clicking" when the car is off. Was thinking it might be the ignition switch going bad. It sometimes takes 2 or 3 turns of the key before the car will start, when the battery is charged. Once running, the car stays running. Has this issue come to your attention before? What other issues could it have?

A: You may have an intermittent problem with t...

You may have an intermittent problem with the power relay control box staying engaged after the key is turned off. This would require replacement of the relay box controller module. I’d recommend getting some assistance from a professional mechanic to verify this concern. They will be able to accurately diagnose your battery issue for you and replace the power supply module if necessary.