Q: Gas reset button location

asked by on August 17, 2016

I am trying to find the location of the gas pump reset button on my 4.3L. The first thing I did was change the fuel pump. The ignition spark is good. I changed the Body Control module, because I got the code p1631. Where is the reset button for the gas pump?

Hello. Diagnostic trouble code P1631 is an indication that the theft deterrent password is incorrect. The theft deterrent feature for your vehicle will shut off the fuel to your car until the proper password is sent to the PCM. A relearn procedure is also needed in order for the fuel supply to be turned back on. Once the body control module has been replaced, it will need to be reprogrammed as well. Until these things are done, the fuel will remain shut off. I recommend getting some assistance from a qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, who can diagnose your trouble code and help you reprogram the system.