Q: How do i remove a frozen sway bar link bolt?

I am replacing the front struts on my 2003 Pontiac vibe. I was able to do the right side with no problem. On the left side the bolt for the top sway bar link was rusted. I tried to take off the bottom bolt and it was frozen in place. I cut the threaded screw that goes into the sway bar link hoping that I would be able to bang it out from the back side. It is still frozen in place and I am not sure how I can get it out. I tried a screw extractor and a bolt splitter and neither worked. How can I get the bolt out without having to replace the whole sway bar or have the car towed to a shop?

The options depend on what you have for tools, your skills, and how much bolt you have left exposed to grab onto. Choices include: penetrating oil, heating it with a torch, rattling it with an air hammer, drilling it with left-handed drill bit & use extractor, or just getting it hot and blow it out with a cutting torch. You’ll have to purchase a new link. One more option, and probably the the easiest: have a mechanic from YourMechanic come out to your location and replace your struts for you.

3. How do i remove a frozen sway bar link bolt?