Q: How do i remove a frozen sway bar link bolt?

I am replacing the front struts on my 2003 Pontiac vibe. I was able to do the right side with no problem. On the left side the bolt for the top sway bar link was rusted. I tried to take off the bottom bolt and it was frozen in place. I cut the threaded screw that goes into the sway bar link hoping that I would be able to bang it out from the back side. It is still frozen in place and I am not sure how I can get it out. I tried a screw extractor and a bolt splitter and neither worked. How can I get the bolt out without having to replace the whole sway bar or have the car towed to a shop?

A: The options depend on what you have for too...

The options depend on what you have for tools, your skills, and how much bolt you have left exposed to grab onto. Choices include: penetrating oil, heating it with a torch, rattling it with an air hammer, drilling it with left-handed drill bit & use extractor, or just getting it hot and blow it out with a cutting torch. You'll have to purchase a new link. One more option, and probably the the easiest: have a mechanic from YourMechanic come out to your location and replace your struts for you.