Parking brake does not disengage. 2004 parking/emergency ...

Q: Parking brake does not disengage.

asked by on December 21, 2015

The parking brake on my jeep will not disengage.

Hello, I assuming that when you push the button on the parking brake lever the lever drops but the parking brake stays engaged. From what it sounds like there is a cable stuck, keep the parking brake applied. If you live in a harsher climate when you have snow, the cable could be rusty and binding inside the parking brake cable guide. You may need the aid of a mechanic to find which cable is binding and to replace it. If you are replacing a sticky cable it would probably be a good idea to replace all the cables to avoid another cable sticking in the future.