Q: hallo.my car is a nissan wingroad new model 2008,engine check light has bn on for some time now and my mechanic told me its someth

hallo.my car is a nissan wingroad new model 2008,engine check light has bn on for some time now and my mechanic told me its something to do with muffler.since he did away with it.what can we do abt it?

Hi there. The check engine light indicator is part of the on board diagnostics (OBD-II) system and in all cases it indicates a problem with your emissions system. Basically, it is an emissions monitoring system. A Check Engine light will stay solid or blink. If it is blinking, the situation is usually serious, such as a severe misfiring of the engine. This would allow unburned fuel to dump into the exhaust system, pushing the temperature of your catalytic converter to the breaking point. Slow the car down, find a safe place to stop, and request a mechanic to perform a diagnosis. A steady light on the other hand is not an emergency situation. You can continue driving, but you should schedule an appointment with a mechanic as soon as possible. The best thing to do is have a professional mechanic download all error codes and determine what’s causing your problems.

3. hallo.my car is a nissan wingroad new model 2008,engine check light has bn on for some time now and my mechanic told me its someth