Q: I have an exhaust smell in my car and I need to figure out why and where it is coming from?

i smell this especially when i turn the heat or the air-condition on

Hi there. First check the blend doors to the heater / air conditioning system. If you are smelling ambient air smells in the cab, then the blend doors may be opening to the outside air. For the exhaust leak, check the exhaust system to find the leak. Look for any burn (dark) areas to the pipes where there are connections. Most of the time, the exhaust tends to leak from the exhaust manifolds, collectors, catalytic converters, or mufflers. Anywhere the pipes are joined together can cause a leak. Repair any part of the exhaust system to prevent any fumes from entering into the cabin area. If you need further assistance with the exhaust leak smell in the cabin area, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

• I have an exhaust smell in my car and I need to figure out why and where it is coming from?