Q: I got oil changed n they told me I had metal in oil n two major oil leaks I got the car sept 24 from jd by rider of Greenville bk

asked by on November 18, 2016

My car had metal in oil got oil changed Wednesday n also told me it has two major leaks I have only had car since September 24 should I tk car bk

Engine oil is black and gritty Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hello. Metal shavings or pieces in the oil pan can be a serious sign of major mechanic failure on the horizon. Did you personally see the metal shavings? Do you trust that this was an honest diagnosis? If so then you were sold a vehicle that may be worth much less than you paid for it. Often when the engine is this bad, the only option is to replace it or rebuild it. Is the vehicle under any type of warranty? If so you need to explain to take the vehicle to them to inspect it. Oil leaks can form in the time frame of a couple of weeks, let alone months. The vehicle may not have been leaking at the time you purchased it. You may also want to pull up a repair report on the vehicle and see what other issues it has had in the passed. You will want to have the vehicle examined and see if the issue can be determined before you will know if this is a new issue or an old one. Once you have a proper diagnosis you can proceed with how you would like to handle the situation.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr