Q: My 86 ford ranger 2.0 single barrel carb . runs great . dies when let off gas .when turn throttle up on carb idles to high .

I have cleaned carb . it's single barrel carb. when I let of gas it dies instanly . when I turn thottle up on carb it runs and not die but idea way to high . I out air filter in still dies it it has new fuel pump . it's getting fuel battery is good alternator is good . spark plugs are great . distributor is good fuel lines good . I can't figure this out . please help for Sal of my job and my child please

This problem is usually caused by the throttle damper out of adjustment on the carburetor that will cause the idle to be too low when you let off the throttle. It is supposed to lower the throttle slow instead of just slamming throttle closed. Have this checked to see if it is working correctly by a mechanic like one from YourMechanic to check to see if it is a minor adjustment or needs to be replaced.

3. My 86 ford ranger 2.0 single barrel carb . runs great . dies when let off gas .when turn throttle up on carb idles to high .