Q: Why would my radio and speedometer stop working on my 2004 Chevrolet Malibu

January the first I had a transmission flush and later on going home my radio just blink of by itself,and today my speedometer stop working,it will go up to 100mph and I know I'm not going no more than 50mph ...could u possible know what it might be...

Electrical components are not working Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hello. If both of these issues started occurring at the same time it is because there is an issue with voltage in the system. Most of the time on this vehicle it is caused by either a low battery, a failing ignition switch, or a bad connection on the negative battery cable. I usually start by checking the connections at the battery and the connections on the negative battery cable as well as load testing the battery. If nothing comes up then I do a voltage drop test of the ignition switch. If you are going to have this checked out, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you to [diagnose why these electrical issues are coming up] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/electrical-components-are-not-working-inspection

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr