Q: Advice on cleaning mildew from a '89 Buick that was covered for months

After a few months of having the car cover on my '89 Buick outside, the paint is what looks like black mildew on white paint. Is there any tip to avoid this? This was a premium quality cover.

It doesn’t matter how premium the cover is. It still holds moisture in, and that mold is growing on there. That is just the way that it goes. You can easily wipe it off with any kind of wax and clean it off. If you are really worried about this, then every few days you might go in there and spray a little Lysol on the cover and that will generally keep mold from growing for a while. But, the cover is most likely not vented right. The really high-quality covers come with a lot of vents in them because, if they aren’t vented, you are going to get moisture built up and you are going to get mold.

• Advice on cleaning mildew from a '89 Buick that was covered for months