Q: Car is loud when accelerating

My car idles really loud. It sounds even louder when the gas pedal is pressed. It sounds to me like the performance exhaust that people modify their cars with. I am pretty certain it is an exhaust leak, although I haven't been able to take a look underneath. I can feel vibrations under my feet while I'm driving. Also, how does this happen out of nowhere? The car was fine one morning, and later on in the same day this issue started. I didn't run over anything that I recall and may have only scraped the front plastic skirt coming out of the parking lot.

A: Hello. Based on your description, it does s...

Hello. Based on your description, it does sound like this is an exhaust leak. Because exhaust pipes are made of metal, moisture will cause them to rust. Although it seems like this problem happened out of nowhere, it has actually been rusting gradually. The day you began experiencing this issue was the day that it just so happened to rust all the way through. This caused the pipe to break. I’d recommend having a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, diagnose why your car is vibrating and replace your exhaust pipe if needed.