Q: Jeep stopped acclerating, brakes locked up, power steering fluid everywhere 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee

I was going to work this morning as usual, and all of a sudden - of course when I'm only ten minutes away from work - my jeep stopped started slowing down and would not let me accelerate. I tried to accelerate, as my jeep was forcing me to go 55 in a 65 and noticed my check engine light flashing. Immediately, I tried to hit my brakes but they were already locked up and wouldn't budge even 1 cm. I slowed down as much as possible, hit my flashers, pulled off, and then grabbed my emergency brake and was then able to come to a stop. After stopping, smoke started billowing out of my motor. Some sort of fluid ended up everywhere, which I believe it was power steering fluid as it was brown and the cap looked like it had been leaking. However, i see no connection between all of these things and the more I think about it the more it confuses me.

Hi - first task is to check for problem codes (Check Engine light) - these will be helpful. From your symptoms, and the sequence, I believe the engine lost oil suddenly (failed oil cooler line or front crank seal?), and air speed or the engine fan blew it all over the engine compartment. Engine shut down, which means you had no brake boost (pedal would be extremely hard to push). I would recommend an oil leak inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Jeep stopped acclerating, brakes locked up, power steering fluid everywhere 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee