Q: My car starts but won't stay on

My car will start but it will cut off. After sitting for eight hours it will start up and ride like nothing happened

A: Hello there, many faults will cause your 20...

Hello there, many faults will cause your 2005 Chevrolet Equinox to start then die. The most likely causes for your vehicle are the crankshaft position sensor, MAF sensor, fuel pump relay, ignition coil, or a wiring harness fault. If the vehicle starts after it cools off this indicates an intermittent issues that is only present when the vehicle is at temperature, this can occur when a part is beginning to fail but has not fully failed yet. A qualified Technician such as one from YourMechanic will be able to diagnose your car starts than dies and make any repairs required to resolve the issue.