Q: Car shakes and pulls when driving

asked by on February 13, 2016

The S&M and D lights are flashing and stalling. The car hesitates to turn on at times, and when running it shakes/pulls, but that goes away.

Hi. The lights you are mentioning have been caused by loose or corroded battery terminals. The symptoms you are experiencing sound like an engine component position sensor. The engine’s computer relies on the values from the crankshaft and camshaft position sensors for accurate fueling and ignition. Have an experienced technician drive the vehicle with an appropriate scanner and observe battery voltage and the signals from these sensors. The mechanic can also inspect for electrical components that are failing and inspect the starting problem with more precision.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr