Q: Brakes don't work properly. Hard to push - 1960 Jeep CJ5

I have some troubles with the brakes in my jeep. When I'm driving down hill, it takes a lot of force to actually start braking. The brakes are very hard to press. I found that the wheel cylinders had leaks. I had them replaced and bled on all wheels. Also, I had the shoes glazed. After the repairs, the brakes are still not working properly. The truck doesn't have a brake booster. So, what should I do?

Since you do not have power brakes, a clogged hose line or fitting may be the cause or a sticking/binding caliper may be the issue. You may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will have the expertise to diagnose the brake system and perform recommended repairs.