Q: Motor Locked up

Engine is locked... but its just clicking when trying to start. Didn't over heat, last month fresh oil change, had water pump repaired recently along with gasket.
Tried turning the engine over by hand, nothing (but it clicked) Removed the spark plugs (old) & Serpentine Belt, still just clicked. Just trying to figure out what made the engine lock up & what to do about it.

Check to see if the starter motor pinion gear is jammed in the ring gear on the flex plate. On the off chance that somehow the transmission is the issue, you can also try disconnecting the torque converter from the flex plate. If none of those tactics allows the engine to rotate freely by hand, if the engine is of the non-interference type, you can try removing the timing chain to isolate the issue to the top end versus the bottom end. If you have an interference engine, though, obviously don’t try that as such movement will damage the engine. If you want these diagnostic steps performed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request a no start diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will identify the problem and give you a full slate of repair options to consider. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. Motor Locked up