Q: What causes 2010 town and country to surge at low speed and to shut off at low speeds?

Just purchased used.test drive perfect. left dealership started surging,rpm varied +/- 100 rpm. Next day wife drove about 50 miles. Parked for 5 hrs. Started home ,stopped at red light turned left at light change and car died in middle of intersection.Started up and it died.Started again and it sputtered but caught up and she drove it on home.Since it is still randomly surging at city speeds.Took to dealer they say can't do anything without code. Have read online of hundreds of others with same problem. Chrysler says they don't have enough reports of this to investigate. Scared of this car. HELP!!!

Hi There, What you are describing sounds like a dirty or faulty idle air control valve. The idle air control valve monitors the air intake as it is mixed with fuel prior to being injected into the engine at low speeds and at idle. This valve is controlled by the vehicle’s computer and will adjust idle speed based upon other measurements such as engine temperature, intake air temperature and electrical system load or voltage. When you accelerate, the engine RPM increases, and as you let off the gas, the RPM slowly returns to the normal idling speed with the help of the idle air control valve making the transition from a higher RPM back down to idle speed while adjusting the air/fuel ratio constantly to allow this to happen smoothly. When this valve is dirty or faulty, this may cause the car to stall or idle erratically as you have experienced. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

3. What causes 2010 town and country to surge at low speed and to shut off at low speeds?