Q: Headlights stay on after car is turned off

asked by on May 13, 2016

Yesterday I started having trouble with my headlights staying on after I turned off the car and left it. After a few hours they finally turned off, but I find this really strange. What causes this kind of thing? I there any way to change the default time that they stay on after the car is turned off?

Headlight is not working Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. If the head lights took that long to turn off then you more than likely have a failure starting in the body control module. This is a common failure on this vehicle. I typically start by reprogramming the body control module. But if the issue persists, then I replace the body control module. If you need to have this repaired, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose your headlight problem.