Q: Headlights stay on after car is turned off

Yesterday I started having trouble with my headlights staying on after I turned off the car and left it. After a few hours they finally turned off, but I find this really strange. What causes this kind of thing? I there any way to change the default time that they stay on after the car is turned off?

Hi there. If the head lights took that long to turn off then you more than likely have a failure starting in the body control module. This is a common failure on this vehicle. I typically start by reprogramming the body control module. But if the issue persists, then I replace the body control module. If you need to have this repaired, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose your headlight problem.

3. Headlights stay on after car is turned off