Q: When driving my car has begin to skip and also my car shakes when i get up to about 70 mph 2010 Chevrolet Traverse

asked by on February 03, 2017

My car is shaking when i drive 70 mph and also it is skipping can you help please

Hi - the shaking you are experiencing could be caused by either an out-of-balance tire/wheel assembly, bent wheel, or a failed Constant Velocity (CV) joint in your front axle. If you feel the shaking directly in the steering wheel, the problem is a front tire/wheel. If you sense shaking through "seat-of-the-pants", it could be a rear tire/wheel, or a CV joint problem. As for the misfire, check for problem codes first, whether the Check Engine light is illuminated or not. There are many possible causes for a misfire - worn spark plugs, weak ignition coil, fuel supply issue, etc. The problem code will provide guidance here. I recommend a vibration inspection to address the shake, and an engine misfiring inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose these problems, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.