Q: When driving my car has begin to skip and also my car shakes when i get up to about 70 mph 2010 Chevrolet Traverse

My car is shaking when i drive 70 mph and also it is skipping can you help please

Hi - the shaking you are experiencing could be caused by either an out-of-balance tire/wheel assembly, bent wheel, or a failed Constant Velocity (CV) joint in your front axle. If you feel the shaking directly in the steering wheel, the problem is a front tire/wheel. If you sense shaking through "seat-of-the-pants", it could be a rear tire/wheel, or a CV joint problem. As for the misfire, check for problem codes first, whether the Check Engine light is illuminated or not. There are many possible causes for a misfire - worn spark plugs, weak ignition coil, fuel supply issue, etc. The problem code will provide guidance here. I recommend a vibration inspection to address the shake, and an engine misfiring inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose these problems, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. When driving my car has begin to skip and also my car shakes when i get up to about 70 mph 2010 Chevrolet Traverse