Q: car idles rough after i changed the starter

asked by on February 11, 2017

I thought I put everything back in the order I removed it, one thing I question is a small connector on the block with one wire attached what does this do and can it cause rough idle

atthebeach.dr@gmail.com

Hello, and thank you for writing in. While there are ways to remove the starter by not having to disconnect much of anything else around it, but often it is easier if we do. That is when these issues arise. Considering the location of the starter you may have removed the crankshaft position sensor, any of the intake air sensors, or part of the ignition. All of these components will cause the engine to run poorly. With that being said, focus more on why you believe this wire is the issue. Is it loose, frayed, damaged, poorly connected, or have a sensor associated with it? If so, take corrective action to repair or replace that wire or the sensor associated with it. For more diagnostic help, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.