Q: transmission control module failing. We just replaced the computer module (pcm) 4 days ago?

asked by on August 07, 2016

Check engine light indicates several codes all pointing to transmission module failure..first code reads p0700 all the codes point to the transmission control module failing. We just replaced the computer module (pcm) 4 days ago..i know they are linked for sure could one cause the other to fail? Or a loose connection or something? We just think its odd we just replaced the computer module days ago now the transmission module is failing . Please help.

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

The P0700 trouble code is a code for transmission control module (TCM) failure. Without knowing the other codes, it will not be possible to give you an accurate answer; it all depends on the other codes:

• If you get a P0755 code, you may have a transmission solenoid pack issue.
  • P0725 indicates a likely crank position sensor issue.

I would suggest having your Check Engine Light diagnosed by a qualified mechanic.