Q: Can a error saying Manifold Absolute Pressure/ Barometric Pressure Circuit Malfunction be caused by a almost dead battery?

asked by on October 03, 2016

A error is continually popping up and my inspection and I can't figure it out. I've put in several map sensors. Check engine light keeps appearing on after shutting off. After driving a few miles when I go back to garage, there are always 2 uncompleted but no Map error. When I drive a few more miles the check engine light comes back on and the Map error is back. Could a almost dead battery cause this error?

Hello. The low battery should not cause problem with the MAP sensor but will cause the computer to have different issues. It could cause the charging system to overcharge. You need to verify that the intake does not have any cracks or air leaks between the MAF and throttle body. If you would like to have the Check Engine Light diagnosed and addressed properly, a certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to inspect the car and guide you through repairs.