Q: Key stuck in ignition; removed fuse to turn car off

When I arrived in a parking spot at work, I shifted into Park. Using my key I started to turn off the car, but I couldn’t because the key would not turn. It was trying to turn it off, but just would not. I opened the hood and took the fuel pump fuse out in order to turn it off. Then I went to the dealership and got it replaced. The second incident is regarding the passenger seat. The service airbag light came on the display and has remained continually on. When I have a passenger I worry that if something were to happen, they might not be safe. I returned to the same dealer for them to look at the car and also to get an estimate. If I go through with the repair work, they will have to disassemble the seat and a new airbag sensor module will be installed. And Very expensive (up to 4 digits)! Both of these problems are a safety issue. They also told me that the airbag sensor module is made in Germany. Please give me your advice as to what I should do.

You should have the ignition switch and the passenger seat module replaced in order to keep your vehicle operating safely. The problem with the seat module seems to be very common across for the 2009 Saturn Sky, I would look into a possible recall situation in this case. I suggest getting a second opinion from a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, to diagnose how your key got stuck in the first place and help you fix it accordingly.