Q: 2011 Scion XB ECM replacement cost.

I got my transmission replaced back in November 2016. I was told by Aamco that they were not able pinpoint that my ECM went bad until after they replaced the transmission. As of right now when I'm driving I'm able to get up to all the gears but between 2nd and 3rd gear I get a stall and my check engine light is also on. Whenever I take my foot off of the break and the car is moving about 3 to 5 mph I hear loud clanking under the hood but anything faster than that or whenever I'm in idle I don't hear the sound. I would like to get this problem fixed because I don't want to take out my transmission that I just replaced. If the ECM is the problem how much does it cost to get fixed and how long does it take. If not, what other possible issues could be causing the car to stall as well as the check engine light to come on?

Hi there. The time to replace an ECM (Engine Control Module) on a 2011 Scion xB with a L4-2.4L engine is around 1 to 2 hours not including programming the ECM.

____________________________________________

Billing question was sent to CS for the cost of replacing the ECM on a 2011 Scion xB with a L4-2.4L engine.