Q: Every time I put my key into the ignition lights flicker, radio comes on, and check engine light comes on.

Every time that I put my key in the ignition. The radio comes on the lights flicker and the check engine light comes on with out even turning the key to start.

Hi there. There is an issue with the ignition switch when you are turning the key. The tumbler may have worn contacts within the switch causing the lights to flicker and the radio to come on when it is turned off. I recommend seeking out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you diagnose an electrical short or loose ground in the ignition switch circuit.

3. Every time I put my key into the ignition lights flicker, radio comes on, and check engine light comes on.