Q: Noise while idling, difficulty shifting

The car has gone 78,000 miles. Lately, it has been making some noise. It is noticeable at idling usually and is louder at the driver's side. It seems to be coming from the lower wheel well area. I also occasionally experience difficult shifting. What should I do?

Without hearing the noise myself, it will be hard to make an accurate assessment for your 2008 Chrysler Aspen. In many cases, where the noise source is not obvious, chassis ears may need to be used to locate the source of the issue. If you need help having this checked, consider YourMechanic, as a certified technician will be able to come to your home or office to diagnose the shifting issue and perform any needed repairs.

3. Noise while idling, difficulty shifting