Q: Steering alignment pulling left

I got my car stuck in a snow ditch on the left side of the road and now the steering alignment pulls to the left and the alignment chap says something has been. Any idea what it could be?

You’ve gotten stuck in the ditch on the left side so the odds are that there is a damaged or bent component on that side.

If you really hit it hard, a lot of times, you are going to hit more of the bottom and bend the lower control arm. So go to a good front-end shop and have another mechanic who really knows about front ends check that. Because a lot of times a lower control arm can get bent and cause the car to pull. It takes a pro who knows front alignments because they are going to be only a few thousandths from the edge and they have to know exactly what to measure, but it’s often a lower control arm. If you need to have the control arm assembly replaced, a technician from YourMechanic can perform this task for you.