Q: Car stalls and shoots white smoke/ smell of gas in car, jerking when accelerating, losing power at idle, no check engine light

My car drives pretty good most the time but occasionally it will have a with stalling, jerking, and loss of power. It will struggle to start and when it does it shoots white smoke from the exhaust and a smell of gas enters the car. It also has occasional loss of power while idling and hesitation when accelerating from a stop. There is no check engine light or any other lights and all this happens randomly and normally works itself out just to happen maybe the following week.

Smoke from engine or exhaust Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi Jacolby. Thanks for contacting us today. There are a few possible sources of your problem, but in most cases, white smoke is an indication of a blown head gasket. This can also be the reason for the lack of acceleration and other symptoms you are describing. You should probably have a professional mechanic complete an onsite inspection to determine what exactly is causing these issues, so the right repairs can be made.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr