Q: What would cause my security light to come on in my 1994 Oldsmobile Cutlass

My sercirtuy light has been coming on a lot lately. I had some starting issues and I took it to oneplace and said that it was an security issue cause of the light was on.Left it over night and it started,but now that light was flashing.They worked on it to have it NOT to flash. I took it to another place and they said that I needed a starter,battery,which I didn't have to pay for cause they just put one in a few months ago.I also needed an ingtion swtich which I didn't have to pay for since one was just installed 4 months earlier.I just can't get that light to go out,but a day or so ago it finally did go out,but it's back again.Some say that as long as it's NOT flashing I am ok.What's the issue? Thanks

Hello. Most of the time this is caused by a failure in the key sensor located inside of the key lock cylinder. Either the sensor itself fails or the wiring from the sensor located in the steering column fails. Most of the time it is the wiring, but this is still part of the key lock cylinder itself. A new cylinder should be installed and a new key made for the vehicle.