Q: O/D light flashing

while to work this morning my O/D came on the dashboard and started flashing and service engine light came on. Would it be ok to drive it home from work, I commute about 1hour both ways to work and home.

Hi There, If your overdrive light is blinking (like a turn signal or hazard light), it is indicating that there is a problem with your car’s transmission. It could be the shift solenoid or possibly the speed or range sensors. There are many different issues that can cause the light to flash. When your transmission’s control unit senses an issue, it will store a Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) in the computer. To determine what may be causing this, I would suggest having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to download the trouble codes stored in the computer which will indicate more specifically what may be causing this.