Q: Car won't go over 20mph

asked by on May 23, 2017

Car won't go over 20 mph

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi There, Depending on what specific vehicle you have, this may be caused by a number of things that may have caused the vehicle to go into a fail safe mode or "limp mode." This can happen when the vehicle’s computer detects a problem with an engine or transmission malfunction. Typically, when this happens this will also cause a check engine light to be illuminated in the dash and may also have a diagnostic code stored in the computer indicating what the fault is. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to take a look at the vehicle to determine what ma be causing this.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr