Q: My vehicle won't accelerate, then it will?

Q: Stop at stop sign, give it the gas, it want go, let up, push down agin it goes,the engine does not die.!!!!

asked by Dennis V on November 22, 2016

Stop at stop sign, give it the gas, it want go, let up, push down agin it goes,the engine does not die.!!!!

My car has 153000 miles. My car has an automatic transmission.

Hi Dennis. Assuming, the check engine light is not coming on, leads me to believe the ECM (engine control module)/computer is not recognizing the fault. The most likely cause is, a faulty ETC (electronic throttle control) throttle body. This needs to be confirmed with diagnostic procedures. The APP (accelerator pedal position) sensor could also affect throttle response. Replacing components without diagnoses, can be expensive and time consuming without resolution. I recommend having your vehicle’s won’t accelerate, then will, does not die be diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.

3. My vehicle won't accelerate, then it will?