Q: is it ok to drive my 2013 chevy malibu with a bad temperature sensor? the temp guage is stuck on cold it says engine hot a/c off

is it ok to drive my 2013 malibu with a bad temperature sensor? it is saying engine temperatur too hot a/c off with a cold engine. the thermostat was changed and radior flushed yesterday...

It may not be advisable to drive the vehicle with a bad sensor since you would not know if the engine was running hot and can cause engine damage. You would also have issues with the computer not knowing when to turn on and off the coolant fans. I would recommend replacing sensor as soon as possible since the part would cost less then $50 and major engine damage can cost thousands to get repaired.

3. is it ok to drive my 2013 chevy malibu with a bad temperature sensor? the temp guage is stuck on cold it says engine hot a/c off