Q: engine & vsa light

engine & vsa light came on while driving yesterday also front wheels sometimes shake pretty bad while driving when this happens I have to let up on gas pedal then returns to normal driving

Shaking or vibration from the front end is usually due to dynamic imbalance of the wheels and tires and/or tire defects. If the tires are excessively worn or defective, part of the resolution might involve installing new tires. YourMechanic can inspect what you have and determine the origin of the shaking. There are quite a few reasons why the check engine light illuminates, with an EVAP system malfunction such as a loose or defective gas cap, a possibility so the gas cap should always be checked first to save you money (obviously if cap is loose you can fix that yourself). If you request a check engine light/vehicle stability assist diagnostic a certified mechanic from YourMechanic would use a code scanner to retrieve the diagnostic trouble code(s) from your car’s PCM (that is, the specific codes have caused both lights to set) and then test the appropriate individual vehicle components or sub-systems (often a sensor, circuit, and the like) to pinpoint the reason why the warning lights have illuminated. Once the faulty part or component is identified, it is explained to your satisfaction and the mechanic will let you know of the cost to repair. If you schedule the recommended diagnostic, the mechanic will resolve this promptly for you and all on a mobile basis right at your location. If you have further questions or concerns as you decide what to do, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you get the best possible results.

3. engine & vsa light