Q: I accidentally put expired motor oil in my car, will it damage my engine?

I accidentally put expired motor oil in my car and I'm currently freaking out. Will it damage my engine? I have to drive to work which is 30 miles away up hill and I don't want to damage my car.

A: Hey there, thanks for writing in about your...

Hey there, thanks for writing in about your 2002 Subaru Outback. I don’t think you should have any worries. As long as the oil did not have any contamination from water then it should be okay to use the expired oil in your motor. If you run into issues, consider YourMechanic, as one of our mobile technicians can come to your home or office to inspect and service your vehicle.