Q: Oil in my radiator

asked by on October 22, 2016

Hi.im having problem with my ford ranger 2004 model.there is plenty of oil in the radiator(but no coolant in oil).i have changed the head gasket,pressure test the cylinder head and changed the oil rings on my oil cooler but I'm still getting oil in the radiator

Good question. Often times when you change your head gasket you are suppose to have your head resurfaced to ensure you didn’t damage anything on the head when you pulled it out. Also, if there was oil in the coolant prior to all of this, did you flush the system when you were done? If not I would start with this but if the first answer was no then you may still need to have your head resurfaced.