Q: Suspension is "loose"

I went to a tire store to replace 4 tires. The workers there jacked up my vehicle and install the tires, and when I was going to pay my balance for the tires, one of the workers said my "susspension is a little loose" and I dont know what that means , I wanted to get an alignment as well but the worker advice not to spend money on that if the suspension is loose? So whats my issues? Thanks

A: The term "suspension is loose" is...

The term "suspension is loose" is most likely the mechanics way of saying that you have worn components in the front end that would cause the alignment to not be able to be set to specifications. He might of seen or felt the ball joints or tie rod ends to be loose. The only way to know what is worn is to have the complete suspension checked for worn components. If you need to have this scoped out by an expert, a certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car's location to inspect the steering and suspension and proceed with the proper repairs.