Q: change exhaust gas recirculation sensor

asked by on October 10, 2017

Emissions Inspection listed three codes P0406 (EGR Sensor A Circuit High), P0700 (Transmission Control Sys Malf), P1775 (Manufactured specific code). The car also won't shift out of park and go to drive. Need to get a cost to repair these issues.

Hi Damon. Thanks for contacting us today. I’ve forwarded your inquiry to our sales and service department to see if they can work up an estimate for these services. The problem is that several of these codes indicate a possible problem with the system - an not always mean that the individual component is the root issue. For example, the P-0700 OBD-II code can be caused by a faulty transmission control module, transmission valve body fault, shift solenoid issues or an open or short in the wiring harness. It might be best to have one of our mobile mechanics come to your location to correctly diagnose the source of each fault, so the right repairs can be completed.