Q: Check engine light and grinding noise when turning left

About a week ago the check engine light turned on. We weren't sure why and the car seemed to be running okay. This weekend, my partner notices a faint grinding sound when the car turns left. It isn't very loud and only seems to happen on left turns. After the turn it lingers for a minute before going away. For a while now (a few months maybe?) the brakes have squeaked. At our last oil change they also mentioned the power steering fluid was black and would have to be replaced at some point. Lastly, we've had a few flat tires over the last year. The first was the front passenger side and the second was the back drivers side. The car does vibrate at high speed, although it always has done that. I can't really feel the grinding when it happens, I can just hear it. I also always have the window open so I don't know if I could hear it with the window closed.

Hello. You appear to have a number of issues going on here. The grinding is more than likely from the brakes so the vehicle needs to be put in the air and the brakes inspected. As for the steering problem, you will want to get the fluid serviced if its quality is not good. Lastly, for the vibration, a high speed vibration is typically caused by a tire balance issue. The tires will need to be balanced and the front end checked for loose parts. If you are going to have this repaired, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose the Check Engine Light and grinding turning issue in order to have all of the issues corrected.