Q: My Check Engine Light is on - 2008 Mazda Tribute

MY CAR IS GOING TO HOT FAST BUT DOESNT HAVE SMOKE OR THROW FLUID THE ENGINE ICON IS ON

A: Hi there: The little engine icon is typica...

Hi there:

The little engine icon is typically the check engine light, which is triggered when an error code is activated and stored in the ECU of your Mazda Tribute. If the engine is running hot, it’s most likely that you’ve got a mechanical issue that’s causing a potentially harmful overheating problem. The best way to diagnose and fix this issue is to contact a local mechanic and have them complete a check engine light is on inspection. This will permit them to download those error codes and determine what is causing the overheating issue.