Q: Car won't start, but not battery

asked by on February 18, 2016

The car is turning over but won't start. Jumpstart didn't work. I was told it could be the fuel injector.

An engine that cranks normally but doesn’t start is lacking fuel, spark, or both. Fuel delivery can be determined by checking fuel pressure, and injector pulse. Spark can be determined using an inline spark tester. Checking for any stored diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs) is a good idea also, since they often provide a starting point for the diagnostic procedure. I suggest you have a trained professional run a diagnostic inspection of your non-start issue and recommend the best path to repair. YourMechanic is an excellent option, since we make house calls and can save you a tow bill.