Q: Car won't crank or start.

My car won't start. I try to turn it on, and it doesn't crank. I accidentally put transmission fluid inside the engine yesterday. Before these problems, it would read error where the miles were and the brake light would turn on.

A: It sounds like you are experiencing several...

It sounds like you are experiencing several different issues. If the engine hasn't ran since the transmission fluid was added, I would drain and refill the engine with new oil. The issue with not cranking could be your battery. A way to check would be to turn on your headlights, if the bulbs illuminate, it would either be a starter or ignition switch. If your headlamps do not illuminate, the problem is likely the battery. As for the error and brake lights, this could be related to a bad battery not supplying proper voltage to the instrument panel cluster. A trained technician could easily diagnose your issues. YourMechanic offers mobile car repair at an affordable cost.