Q: Car won't crank or start.

My car won't start. I try to turn it on, and it doesn't crank. I accidentally put transmission fluid inside the engine yesterday. Before these problems, it would read error where the miles were and the brake light would turn on.

It sounds like you are experiencing several different issues. If the engine hasn’t ran since the transmission fluid was added, I would drain and refill the engine with new oil. The issue with not cranking could be your battery. A way to check would be to turn on your headlights, if the bulbs illuminate, it would either be a starter or ignition switch. If your headlamps do not illuminate, the problem is likely the battery. As for the error and brake lights, this could be related to a bad battery not supplying proper voltage to the instrument panel cluster. A trained technician could easily diagnose your issues. YourMechanic offers mobile car repair at an affordable cost.

3. Car won't crank or start.