Q: ABS and traction lights on

asked by on February 25, 2016

After passing over a railroad crossing, the ABS/Service Stabilizer and traction lights started going on when I turn right or go over a bump.

The ABS and traction control are part of the same system. The electronic brake control module (EBCM) receives input from the wheel speed sensors, as well as other vehicle sensors. It then uses this information to apply the brakes and adjust engine load during low traction and/or emergency braking situations. It sounds like one of the system components has a poor connection. Since you said this happens when you turn right I would check the front wheel speed sensors. These systems are quite complex, so I recommend having a trained professional, such as one from YourMechanic, inspect both your ABS light and traction light to determine what repairs are needed.