Q: Hi my water tank has been leaking for a few days while i wait for the parts to come in .

Car has been overheating due to leak in the water tank now it says the engine power is reduced and won't start for the last 24 hrs what should i do

A: Has the engine been run while overheating t...

Has the engine been run while overheating to the point where the engine shut off? The engine power is reduced warning message has come on because the vehicles computer picked up a problem in the control system. There may be a fault code stored in the computer that will shed some light on which component or system is affected by the problem. Throttle body electronics are a common issue among your year model so it may be unrelated to the overheating. Consider hiring an experienced technician like one from YourMechanic who can come out and take a closer look at the warning light message to offer a more personal diagnosis.