Q: About how many hours does it take to change a timing belt on a 2005 Acura MDX? I'm just trying to figure out how much the labor is

I need my timing belt & water pump changed on my 2005 Acura MDX. I recently bought it from a lady off of Craigslist. And my mechanic told me that I needed to have it replaced here in the near future. I was just wondering about how long it will take to have the job done. In other words, how much money in labor costs. I appreciate your time. Thank you!

In most cases, if the mechanic has the right tools to complete the job, replacing a water pump then priming the radiator and cooling system correctly can take up to 4 to 6 hours of labor. The timing belt can be completed at the same time; but typically private mechanics or shops will charge for individual hour replacement; so another 4 to 6 hours roughly. If you’d like, feel free to submit a quote request for the water pump replacement and timing belt replacement.

3. About how many hours does it take to change a timing belt on a 2005 Acura MDX? I'm just trying to figure out how much the labor is